Originally the King's Head, the name was changed to the Royal Hotel after the visit
by Princess Victoria (the future Queen Victoria) and her mother, the Duchess of Kent in 1832.
The building probably dates from the mid 18th century and like several hotels in Llangollen
would have provided a resting place for travellers on long coach journeys.
This was where Jonathan Hughes won the Chair at an eisteddfod on 6th January 1789.
Mr A G Mahfouz
The Royal Hotel
7 Bridge Street
Tel: +44(0)1978 860202